In this article we will explain how to set up the Pickware POS extension for your Shopware 6 shop.
Create Pickware account
Click here to create your Pickware account. To do this, you need the URL of your shop, your email address and a password that you can choose freely. In the next window, enter your name and basic information about your company. Then click Next at the bottom.
You should now have received a confirmation email. Click on the link in it to complete your registration. If you have not already done so, update your Shopware to version 126.96.36.199 and install our extension ERP Starter.
You can now log in to your Pickware account at https://account.pickware.com.
Install Pickware POS
You can download the extension directly from your Pickware account. Click on POS in the menu on the left. The download area is at the top. Click on the blue Download button to download the extension as a .zip file.
Now log into your Shopware backend and navigate to Extensions → My Extensions. Click on Upload extension in the top right-hand corner to select and upload the file you have just downloaded. The extension will then be installed in your shop and can now be activated via the checkbox on the left.
Trial phase & how to book licenses
As soon as you have created your account, the 30-day trial phase starts, during which you can try out all the functions of Pickware POS for Shopware 6 without obligation. Included in the trial phase is one cash register.
In your Pickware account under Shop → POS you can select how many cash registers you would like to book and immediately see your monthly costs. Click on Book now to complete the payment. You can pay either by credit card or by SEPA direct debit.
To see which cash registers were assigned to your shop and when, click on Device management in the menu on the left. There you can also remove connected devices if necessary.
Check extension settings in the Shopware administration
With the installation of Pickware POS, basic settings are also made and, for example, shipping and payment methods for your local store are created. However, we recommend that you go through the settings once after installation. You can find them in your shop administration under Settings → Extensions → Pickware POS. The following options are available:
Here you can select the sales channel for which you want to make the following settings.
- Shipping method for POS orders – With this shipping method, sales at the POS are created as an order in the shop administration.
- Customer account for POS orders – With this customer account, sales are created at the POS in the shop administration. If you leave this field blank, a new anonymous customer account will be created for each purchase.
- Cash payment method – This payment method is used at the checkout as a cash payment method.
- Debit/credit card payment method – This payment method is used at the checkout as an EC/credit card payment method.
- Other payment types – Additional payment types can be specified here that are to be available at the cash register, for example, for payments with external card terminals.
- Payment types with payment status "Open" - Payment types that are to be created with the payment status "Open", for example purchase on account.
Here you can customise your POS receipt. You can upload a logo, enter your VAT number and add free text (left-aligned or centred).
- Automatic receipt printing – Determines whether the receipt should be printed automatically after each sale.
- Group product variants – Determines whether variants of the same product should be displayed together in the search results of the checkout.
- Show overselling warning – Set whether to display a warning at the checkout when products are sold above the stock available in the shop.
- Comments for deposits and withdrawals – Here you can specify which comments should be available for deposits and withdrawals in the POS app.
Click & Collect
- Shipping methods – Storefront orders with one of these shipping methods are displayed at the POS as orders for pickup.
- Payment method for payment on collection – Payment methods that can be selected in the storefront if the order is to be paid at pickup. When paying with POS the payment method is replaced with the actual payment method.
Check sales channel settings in the Shopware Administration
When installing Pickware POS, an additional sales channel is automatically created for you. You will find it in the menu on the left. Click on it to access the settings for this sales channel.
The following settings are particularly relevant for your local shop:
- Name – This is the internal name for your sales channel.
- (Default-) payment and shipping methods – Here you can define which (standard) payment and shipping methods should be available in your local store.
- Default currency – Set the default currency for your sales channel here.
- Tax calculation – Specify whether the tax calculation should be done horizontally by lines or vertically by columns.
You can find more information about these and other settings in the Shopware documentation.
Create warehouse for shop sales
To manage the stocks of your local store(s) separately from the online shop, you should create a warehouse with its own stock for each store. You can specify which warehouse is to be booked out when setting up the POS app.
Assign App PIN
In order to log in to the POS app with your user, you need a four-digit PIN, which you can set in your profile settings or in the user settings of your shop.
Hardware for Pickware POS
We recommend an iPad for using Pickware POS, but the app can also be used on iPhones or iPods. More information on the required and recommended hardware can be found in this article. Instructions on how to set up the hardware are explained in this article.