General device settings
For comfortable use of our apps in your daily business, we advise you to additionally make the following settings on your Apple devices:
- Deactivate the mandatory entry of a code to unlock the display under Settings → Face/Touch ID & Passcode.
- Adjust the automatic lock of the display under Settings → Display & Brightness, i. e. to five minutes or switch it off completely.
- Reduce the display brightness to achieve a longer battery life of the devices.
- Check under Settings → General → Language & Region whether the correct settings for your country are made.
- Move the Pickware Apps to the shortcut bar at the bottom of the display.
We also recommend using the Pickware apps with the sound turned on to get acoustic feedback when scanning barcodes. Please note that iPhones have a volume control in the operating system and a silent switch on the left side, which must be deactivated.
Deactivate automatic app updates
Furthermore, you should deactivate the automatic downloads of app updates in Settings → App Store, as new WMS or POS app versions sometimes also require a new version of the Pickware POS or WMS plugin.
If a new app update for POS or WMS is available, always check the changelog to see if a minimum version of the Pickware POS or WMS plugin is required. In these cases, the latest plugin version should be installed in the Shopware backend before updating the app.
In general, however, you should make sure to install all updates as soon as possible in order to benefit immediately from new functions and small improvements.