There are three ways to create and edit items:
- Create and edit items directly in your Shopware backend if you do not use our plugin Pickware WMS.
- In the POS App, items can be temporarily changed for the current sales transaction or manual items can be created that are not saved in the backend. You can find out more about this here under the section Manual items.
- Via the Inventory app of Pickware WMS, items can be quickly entered and created by scanning the barcode. You can find the instructions in the following section or in this video:
Create and edit items with WMS
Open the Inventory app and first make sure that the correct warehouse has been selected above. Then switch to the Items tab and tap on the plus symbol to create a new item. Alternatively, you can scan the barcode of an item that is not yet in the system. In this case, the input form also opens, with the EAN / UPC field already filled in.
You can enter various information in the input form:
- Item name – In order for the item to be saved, you need to enter at least a name.
- Last PP – Tap (gross) or (net) to select how you want to indicate the price.
- SP (brutto) – Enter the gross sales price here.
- Tax rate – Select a VAT rate from all the VAT rates available in your backend.
- Item no. – If you have activated the corresponding option under Configuration → Basic Settings → Items → Item Numbers, an item number will be suggested. However, you can also assign your own number.
- EAN / UPC – Fill in the EAN by scanning the barcode of the item. You can also enter the number manually.
- Stock – Enter the stock level here.
- Minimum stock – Enter a minimum stock level here to optimise your stock planning.
- Bin location – Select an existing bin location here via the search or by scanning the respective bin label or create a new one via the plus symbol.
- Weight, Length, Height – Enter the weight, length, width and height of the item. The weight is especially important if you use our shipping adapters to generate shipping labels.
- Item active – The item will not appear in the shop until it has been activated.
You can also edit this information afterwards in the backend. There you can also add pictures and descriptions.
To edit existing items, scan the item (if the EAN has been entered) or use the search and then tap on Edit in the top right-hand corner. Please note that the button is only visible if your user has the necessary permissions.
If you no longer wish to offer an item for sale, we recommend you to deactivate it and not delete it. You can find more information about the problem of deleting items in this article.